NetworkManager and mobile broadband

trife22 at sbcglobal.net trife22 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 28 01:50:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:31:16 -0400
"Jon Stanley" <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, my Internet at home is busted right now.  The probability of
> getting it back based on the responses that I've gotten from the first
> level techs that they send us to deal with are bleak, since they don't
> believe that there's a problem.  At least I *do* haave a Windows XP
> laptop (from work), so not everything I own is entirely foreign to
> them :).
>
> Anyhow, I have a mobile broadband USB thingy, and since that's a
> feature of F9, I figured why not check it out!  I put that on my F9
> laptop, and looked in NetworkManager.  There I find a "Auto CDMA
> Network Connection".  Click on it, and BAM, I'm on the Internet.  The
> only complaint that I have is that there are *three* such options.  I
> just picked the first one, but why are there three (I think I have a
> suspicion as to why - the card presents itself as three USB serial
> ports - why I have no clue).  It'd be nice if we could see that these
> were actually the same card and just present one of them.
>
> -
> Jon Stanley
> Fedora Bug Wrangler
> jstanley at fedoraproject.org
>
> --
Not sure about your bug but how is that card working out for you as far as internet speed/latency/price? I bought Satellite from wild blue like 6 months ago but its $80 a month for 1.5mbps. Would you recommend that connection for someone who can't get dsl/cable in their area?
 Sorry to veer off topic but its something thats been bugging me a while.

--
 <trife22 at sbcglobal.net>