Mar 3 Rawhide 64

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:17:45 UTC 2008

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> I was able to do an NFS install with netinst.iso.  This time setting
> the time zone during install did not cause anaconda to crash.
> The static IP address specified in the install did appear in the
> Network menu item, but the ethernet on the Intel DG33BU
> motherboard is still being set (or reset) by DHCP.  But then
> a boot or two later and the correct IP is used....
>
> Enabling desktop acceleration still yields nothing more useful
> than a blank white screen and dead keyboard.

Indirect rendering openGL doesn't work for my nvidia card either, and no
hardware 3d is provided.  Desktop effects with compiz won't work without the
nvidia proprietary driver.  The Nouveau driver has some 3d support upstream but
its not being built in the Fedora driver because its mostly unusable anyway AFAIK.

> The new Nvidia driver still won't build.

If you're trying to use the proprietary driver you won't get anywhere.. they
have not rebuilt it for the Xorg abi change and they have said it won't happen
until its officially stable.  This is obviously not something Fedora can fix.