Kernel + Selinux + Udev + selinux=0

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 05:58:19 UTC 2008

2008/3/4, Johann B. Gudmundsson <johannbg at hi.is>:
> Anyone else noticing this...
>
>  The kernels get stuck at UDEV loading...
>
>  kernel-2.6.25-0.82.rc3.git2.fc9.i686
>  kernel-2.6.25-0.73.rc3.git1.fc9.i686
>
>  Have selinux disabled in /etc/selinux/config...
>  and the kernel get stuck at UDEV
>
>  But if I pass the selinux=0 kernel parameter
>  to the kernel(s) they load just fine..
>
>  Best regards.
>                      Johann B.
>
>  PS. the radeon driver sorta works now for [ Mobility Radeon X300]
>        had to switch to vesa driver with the previous version to get into X
>         It does not offer correct resolution for my screen though
>        ( Dell inspiron 6000/Dell 1600x1200/Driver/Display only offers/
>  1680x1050 )
>        xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.8.0-3.fc9.i386

Boot a second time and it will be fine, I have met with this several times.

BTW, I find that one must have selinux=enforcing when installing
kernel. I started with selinux=0, and changed /etc/sysconfig/selinux
to permissive, then reboot to single mode, relabel, setenforce 1, then
install the kernel, change /etc/sysconfig/selinux to enforcing and
reboot: that fixes boot problem for ever.

I have a problem that how to specify selinux=permissive at grub
prompt, when /etc/sysconfig/selinux=enforcing?

--
bbbush ^_^