Samba

Wes Shull wes.shull at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 22:06:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>
wrote:

> why do I find the following lines in var/log/samba/log.smbd???
>
> [2008/03/06 18:54:49,  0]
> auth/token_util.c:create_builtin_administrators(245)
>  create_builtin_administrators: Failed to create Administrators
> [etc.]

Hmm, I just looked this up last night myself...  According to this message,
it's not new, not a sign of a problem (in the context described anyway), and
I guess was supposed to be fixed:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-September/125552.html

> what changed since yesterday???

FWIW, I was seeing it on 3.2pre1 as well.  (I'm using idmap_rid backend for
winbind, security = ads, against a non-SFU Win2k Server DC)  Are you sure
you weren't seeing it before?  (Check you /var/log/samba/log.smbd)  What's
the rest of your samba config like?

> and
> when click on the Network icon of Windows network I get Impossible to
> mount position Failed to initialize smb context

No idea there, the 3.2pre series has been working fine for me.  (on FC8,
I've been grabbing the rawhide SRPMs and rebuilding)

--wes