Repost of new bugzilla tool idea

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Mar 10 04:45:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 13:41:35 -0400,
  Will Woods <wwoods at redhat.com> wrote:

> We specifically ignore priority on bugs right now. Bug submitters can
> set the field however they like, and everyone thinks *their* bug is
> the most important. Until that field is locked so only the assignee
> and triagers can modify it, it's not useful.

What people get to set initially is severity. It makes sense for them to
be able to supply a value here. While now I usually just leave it, I used
to set it based on how it affected the usuability of my system. Unless I
am missing something you can't change priority (using the form normally)
until after the bug has been submitted.
I assume that the priority is really for the people working on the bug
rather than the people submitting the bug, as it isn't very useful
otherwise. In that case it makes sense that the people working on the bugs
should have access to it, not the submitters.