Repost: bug report: the other side

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Mon Mar 10 15:53:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:09:36 -0700 (PDT), Arne Chr. Jorgensen wrote:

> > To file bugs, I use the XMLRPC Python interface to bugzilla. Once I
> >  have a direct link to a ticket, I can open it with a browser if I need to, but
> > that could be much faster, too.
> >
> Guess it is the XMLRPC part that I have missed out.  Used all day working
> on bugs reports, and answered questions ,  so  I  would  just  read  some
> of my bug reports.

That means I use a tiny Python script (less than two dozen lines which
mainly initialise parameters) in which I paste my bug report and then call
the bugzilla server's createBug() method via its remote procedure call
interface. This is not suitable for Joe User. I only mentioned it to
emphasise that nowadays I find the normal web interface of bugzilla too
inconvenient. The fact alone that bug reporters need to choose from over
5000 "Components" is madness. As the package namespace will get even more
crowded, more bugs will be misfiled.