Backlog proposals, now and future - Special Bug Triage meeting, 2008-03-12 17:00UTC

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Mar 11 20:00:10 UTC 2008

As I am a "bug reporter"...
Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote, On 03/11/2008 01:03 PM:
> How are we gonna deal with no response from upstream/package
> maintainer/developer
> should we make up some kind of lie/crap for them when they don't respond
> to a bug.
> or should their package/application/software be market dead and removed
> from bugzilla/fedora if they don't
> respond?

If you are depending/requesting the upstream maintainer/developer to do
something, it would be nice to have it logged in the RH bug that you:
* put a bug in the upstream BZ (give full URL to upstream bug).
OR
* sent an email to the upstream list (would be nice to have URL to a list
archive so bug reporter could follow there if the upstream does not update the
RH BZ).
OR
* sent an email to the upstream maintainer (just let us know you did it and
are waiting for a response from them, if you get a/some response then another
entry with your summary of how the conversation is going once every few weeks
would be nice.)

hopefully you don't have to lie to us, just let us know that either the out of
band (not in RH's bugzilla) conversation is going on and progressing, or is
failing.

> As in about bugs that provide enough information and can be duplicated
> but dont get any response,
> not a simple we are working on it, or have not manage to solve this yet
> or this is proving harder to fix then expect
> Some response to the bug reporter(s) so they know something is being
> done and his bug report is not in vain....
>
> A happy bug reporter is a returning bug reporter...
>
> Best regards.
>                  Johann B.

Thanks for thinking about us lowly reporters :)

--
Todd Denniston