ext4 +Booting has failed

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 23:44:28 UTC 2008

Installed F9Alpha with ext4 on root under lvm, booted fine and things were
working until I updated Sunday 3/9.  Dell Inspiron 6000 also had to use
nolapic nohz=off to boot the installer.

With kernel-2.6.25-0.105.rc5.fc9  (why is there an fc still :) )

After it reads LVM

EXT4-fs: dm-1: not marked OK to use with test code.
mount: error mounting /dev/root on /sysroot as ext4dev: Invalid arguement
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: Nos such file or dierctory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Mount failed for selinuxfs on /selinux: No such file or directory
(enforcing=0) <- booted up with  (selinux=0) same thing
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
Booting has failed.

Default alpha kernel 2.6.24-2.fc9     I get:

Starting udev: udevd-event[1270]: node_symlink: device node '/dev/rtc'
already exists, link
to '/dev/rtc0' will not overwrite it

Just sits there.

I was going to try 'rescue mode' from the install dvd and mount my system,
but apparently that isn't setup for ext4 either.. :(

I think I'm looking at a dead duck, but if anyone has a suggestion, let me
have it.

Not sure if *Eric Sandeen is on this list or not.*