pcmcia..

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Mar 13 13:36:45 UTC 2008

Just recently bought IBM/Lenovo T61p ( 6457 )
(
http://www.smolts.org/client/show?uuid=pub_b9c0af75-ca2c-4364-9e77-3207db59513e
)
And ran into trouble installing FC-8 64.

One of the trouble was the graphics controller - Nvidia Quadro FX570 - 256
which is fixed now ( If I used the latest Fedora-unity respins I guess I
would never come across that problem).
and the other one being ( i'm guessing here ) the multicard reader since
I had to pass nopcmcia parameter.
( 4-in-1 reader (Multi Media Card, Mem Stick PRO, Secure Digital,
xD-Picture Card™ ) )

1. I'm wondering whats the issue with the multicard reader?
( After some googling around I noticed that this was an issue with other
laptops types ( HP etc) some
claimed the multicard reader work in FC-7 and stop working in FC-8 ).

It Gets detected in the kernel ( 2.6.24.3-22.fc8 )..
**lscpi reveals that..

15:00.0 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev ba)
15:00.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller
(rev 04)
15:00.2 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro
Host Adapter (rev 21)
15:00.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev 11)
15:00.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host
Adapter (rev 11)
15:00.5 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev 11)

Yet nothing happens when inserting an xD card ( just tested it with my
camera card )

2. Is there any where I can get my hands on rawhide iso images so I can
test FC-9 installation/anaconda overall on T61p Models 6457
( Monitor does not get detected and the model does not seemed to be
available as a chose either in FC-8. then it's the question of
starting splitting up IBM and Lenovo and add Lenovo seprate as
manufacturer, what info is needed to be able to add models to the
Monitor Type list ??.. )

Best regards..
Johann B.

**