Antique Video Cards

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Tue Mar 18 07:42:35 UTC 2008

--------------------------
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:58:11 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
> Subject: Re: X.org server 1.5: An ABI Too Far?
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
>
> Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf <at> omen.com> writes:
>
>> I checked with several of the area computer parts stores and
>> didn't find any PCI-E video cards old enough to work with
>> the open source ATI driver.
>>

> A Radeon X1050 (which is an RV370 chipset, supported in both 2D and 3D by the
> Free radeon and r300_dri drivers) shouldn't be that hard to find. I don't know
> where you live, but where I live there are several such models available.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

The Portland Oregon area isn't the technological outpost it was when
I start work at Tektronix in 1968.  I checked Iguana Micro, ENU,
Pace Computers, and Fry's web sites.  Chances are they sold X1050
PCI boards at one time, but no more.  Fry's did list an AGP board,
but AGP is so yesterday.  My last four motherboards are PCI-E.

I don't see what's so special about tomorrow's graphics varorware
that I have to give up today's hardware.

--

Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665