Intel Graphics

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Wed Mar 19 06:03:59 UTC 2008

I enabled the graphics on my Intel DG33BU motherboard and
was able to run Compiz with the open source driver.

FlightGear has some problems with the new X server.
It starts up without the usual window decoration, so
it cannot be moved or enlarged.  On my 24 inch Dell
at 1920x1200 this leaves the cockpit too small to be enjoyable.

When FlightGear exits, the window remains until
something else is moved over it.

In addition, the deselected 9600GT fan runs full speed
making a noise which seemingly grows louder with
each irritating minute.

When I load a fresh Rawhide on that partition I will look
at the graphics more closely.  What should I be looking
for in the way of improvements over the supported X?

The fedora 8 FlightGear works fine with the beta Nvidia driver
and the Nvidia 9600GT board.

Thanks for the pointer for Free Geek.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665