rpms/xorg-x11-server/devel xserver-1.5.0-no-evdev-keyboards-kthnx.patch, NONE, 1.1 xorg-x11-server.spec, 1.311, 1.312

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 12:48:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 16:35 -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Matos_ wrote:
> | On Tuesday 18 March 2008 19:21:05 Adam Jackson wrote:
> |> Author: ajax
> |>
> |> Update of /cvs/pkgs/rpms/xorg-x11-server/devel
> |> In directory cvs-int.fedora.redhat.com:/tmp/cvs-serv6340
> |>
> |> Modified Files:
> |>         xorg-x11-server.spec
> |> Added Files:
> |>         xserver-1.5.0-no-evdev-keyboards-kthnx.patch
> |> Log Message:
> |> * Tue Mar 18 2008 Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> 1.4.99.901-10.20080314
> |> - xserver-1.5.0-no-evdev-keyboards-kthnx.patch: Sorry, evdev
> keyboarding is
> |>   just too broken.
> |
> | Thank you, thank you, thank you. It is so nice to be able to use all the
> | keyboard keys. :-)
> |
> | I got the packages from koji and now all works again. :-)
>
> So just as an FYI? For those of us who got our keyboards to sorta work
> under evdev. What are we going to have to change again when this package
> comes out?

If it worked with kbd, nothing.  (Well, nothing, once we switch back to
writing out keyboard layouts in rhpxl again.)

All this patch does is prevent the server from loading evdev instances
on keyboard devices.  It has, in fact, always been loading an instance
of the keyboard driver anyway, it's just that the evdev instances would
steal the keyboard away from it.

- ajax