Thanks for making full disk encryption work

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 23:15:37 UTC 2008

Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2008-03-20, 21:27 GMT, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> I would like to thank all of the people who worked to make the full disk
>> encryption feature work.
>> Unfortunately I couldn't do much other than report problems the last few weeks
>> and I appreciate that some of you spent extra time trying to get it working in
>> time for the beta.
>
> Which reminds, how is the migration provided for for us who have
> hand made cryptsetup encrypted partitions already? WOn't upgrade
> screw my /home?
>
> Matěj

The disc encryption setup is not on by default so assuming you do nothing with
home at time of upgrade (leave it included in / at first) then edit fstab.. I
can't see how it would effect your setup.  I don't know how it will work if you
go ahead and have anaconda work with your home (setting the mount point during
upgrade).  That seems like something worth testing before release though,
because there will be people with F8 and custom encryption setups that will try
upgrading directly.