Easter Rawhide

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Mar 23 23:18:54 UTC 2008

Rsync and fresh NFS install.

The Anaconda X display is still distorted, only using half the
vertical height and apparently at low resolution.
Core Duo, Nvidia 9600GT, Dell 24 inch LCD.

The settings for nameserver made in the install find their
way to the system>admin>network but the gateway
and nameserver have to be set manually.

As of yesterday, the new GUI software installer wouldn't
actually install software.  But it would search and display
stuff.

I tried several ATI and one Matrox video boards in a test machine
yesterday.  None of them seemed to work with  Compiz.
The integrated graphics on my Intel DG33BU crash with
Microsoft FLight Simulator.  I downloaded an updated
Windows driver from Intel but it complained my computer
lacked the necessary resources.  Is the new X ABI worth
giving up on good video cards for the duration?

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665