Easter Rawhide

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 04:46:06 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 16:18 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> Rsync and fresh NFS install.
>
> The Anaconda X display is still distorted, only using half the
> vertical height and apparently at low resolution.
> Core Duo, Nvidia 9600GT, Dell 24 inch LCD.

This is intentional.  The anaconda UI is written for 800x600.  If it's
not showing up scaled or centered that's a bug, but low resolution is
not a bug.

> I tried several ATI and one Matrox video boards in a test machine
> yesterday.  None of them seemed to work with  Compiz.
> The integrated graphics on my Intel DG33BU crash with
> Microsoft FLight Simulator.  I downloaded an updated
> Windows driver from Intel but it complained my computer
> lacked the necessary resources.  Is the new X ABI worth
> giving up on good video cards for the duration?

These sound remarkably like bugs.  (Bugs, incidentally, that are
completely orthogonal to the server ABI change, which has almost nothing
to do with GLX support.)  Are they in bugzilla?

- ajax