F9 Beta install will not update

Gerry Tool gerrytool at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:00:20 UTC 2008

I installed F9 Beta from the DVD.

Results of 'yum update':
[root at F9Beta yum.repos.d]# yum update

Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update

The only repo enabled in /etc/yum.repos.d is fedora-rawhide.repo, and
it has the following lines:

#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
enabled=1

At the suggestion of Chelban Vasile, I tried:
[root at F9Beta yum.repos.d]# GET
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide\&arch=$(uname
-i)|grep -v ^#|head -n 1

several times to change the mirror, which it did, but  the result of
'yum update' is always the same as above.

At the suggestion of Jon Stanley, I installed snake and executed
snake-tree -info for each of the URLs returned by the GET command,
always with the result

[root at F9Beta yum.repos.d]# snake-tree info
http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/fedora/linux/development/i386/os
No data source used
Not recognized as a valid tree:
http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/fedora/linux/development/i386/os

OK, I'm stumped and would like to get the many updates that I know are
somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Gerry