F9 Beta install will not update

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Wed Mar 26 17:17:13 UTC 2008

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> Gerry Tool wrote:
>> I installed F9 Beta from the DVD.
>>
>> Results of 'yum update':
>> [root at F9Beta yum.repos.d]# yum update
>>
>> Setting up Update Process
>> No Packages marked for Update
>>
>> The only repo enabled in /etc/yum.repos.d is fedora-rawhide.repo, and
>> it has the following lines:
>>
>> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/
>>
>> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
>>
>> enabled=1
>>
>> At the suggestion of Chelban Vasile, I tried:
>> [root at F9Beta yum.repos.d]# GET
>> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide\&arch=$(uname
>> -i)|grep -v ^#|head -n 1
>>
>> several times to change the mirror, which it did, but  the result of
>> 'yum update' is always the same as above.
>>
>> At the suggestion of Jon Stanley, I installed snake and executed
>> snake-tree -info for each of the URLs returned by the GET command,
>> always with the result
>>
>> [root at F9Beta yum.repos.d]# snake-tree info
>> http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/fedora/linux/development/i386/os
>> No data source used
>> Not recognized as a valid tree:
>> http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/fedora/linux/development/i386/os
>>
>> OK, I'm stumped and would like to get the many updates that I know are
>> somewhere.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Gerry
>>

> Unhash the baseurl line in fedora-rawhide.repo
>
> Before changes
> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/
>

> after changes
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/
>

> Best regards
>                 Johann B.
This whole auto mirror selection is broken to da bone cuz...
Had to fetch my beta from France this morning 8MiB transfer rate not bad...
instead of using the server that RHnet has here in Iceland which by the
way is
official Fedora mirror cause the beta still was not there or "accessible"..

Have had hit for a rule for about a year now not to use the Icelandic
Mirror because it's
slow on update and releases...

Best regards
                     Johann B.