Why does fstab use partition UUIDs vice partition labels in F9 beta?

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Mar 26 18:13:12 UTC 2008

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> <snip>
>
> The blkid command (part of e2fsprogs) will show you UUID/label/nodename
> mappings:

<snip>

Righto...but thanks anyway.  The nice descriptive --and unique-- labels
I created will have to be manually matched up with the uuid when I am
troubleshooting the various installations I test on this machine.  But
then again, using UUIDs is progress towards an error free, just works,
installation that may one day really compete with the other os.

(I am good at coloring inside the lines.)