Possible dhcp client bug

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Mar 26 22:31:11 UTC 2008

I have been having problems with dhcp connections on wireless not wanting
to connect.

I looked to see if there was a config file for dhclient in etc.  I found
one for eth0 but not wlan0.  I created a null file (using touch
/etc/dhclient-wlan0.conf) and the problem seems to have gone away.

I don't know if this is a bug because if I try long enough it will
connect... eventually.  It could be coincidence that both times since then
everything has connected cleanly.

Is this something worth investigating or am I just going slowly mad?