Easter Rawhide

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Mar 27 01:27:02 UTC 2008

Adam Jackson <ajackson <at> redhat.com> writes:
> > I tried several ATI and one Matrox video boards in a test machine
> > yesterday.  None of them seemed to work with  Compiz.
> > The integrated graphics on my Intel DG33BU crash with
> > Microsoft FLight Simulator.  I downloaded an updated
> > Windows driver from Intel but it complained my computer
> > lacked the necessary resources.  Is the new X ABI worth
> > giving up on good video cards for the duration?
>
> These sound remarkably like bugs.  (Bugs, incidentally, that are
> completely orthogonal to the server ABI change, which has almost nothing
> to do with GLX support.)  Are they in bugzilla?

I don't think the M$ Flight Simulator bug on M$ Window$ is material for our
bugzilla. ;-)

My recommendation to Chuck Forsberg: just use that Intel chip, it's not a bad
video card at all and it actually has Free drivers unlike the NVidia crap
(which also explains why it works with current X.Org X11 and the NVidia crap
doesn't).

        Kevin Kofler