Tonight's rawhide REALLY wants to boot into level 5

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Mar 27 03:08:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 09:59:44PM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 March 2008, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > I just ran yum update (I always use yum or smart in text mode) to update
> > rawhide.
> >
> > /etc/inittab is set to level 3 as default.
> > Upon reboot, to my amusement, it booted into runlevel 5.  I said to
> > myself, "Self, it probably did something to /etc/inittab."
> > However, inittab was still set to runlevel 3.  I figured that maybe
> > there was some other obvious place where it was starting gdm, but I
> > haven't been able to find it.
>
> /etc/inittab is obsolete in upstart
>
> in /etc/sysconfig/init  set
>
> GRAPHICAL=no

Excellent, Thank you.  I haven't been keeping up with the documentation
as much as someone running rawhide should do.

And, many thanks for the very quick response.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: We like to talk big... vampires do. 'I'm going to destroy
the world.' That's just tough-guy talk. Strutting around with
your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I _like_ this
world. You've got...dog racing, Manchester United. And you've
got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals
with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along
with a vision. With a real... passion for destruction. Angel
could pull it off. Good-bye, Picadilly. Farewell,
Leicester-bloody-Square.