Network printer

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Mar 27 13:18:04 UTC 2008

Antonio M wrote:
> 2008/3/27, Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com>:
>
>> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 11:53 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>>  > I have a mixed network with Windows XP, F8 and F9 (rawhide)
>>  > I am sharing an HP Laserprinter (that is attached to the XP machine)
>>  > and I can print from F8 computer, but I can't from F9.
>>  > Setup is similar. Printer is detected from config-system-printer on
>>  > both F8 and F9 but when I print a test page from F9 nothing happens.
>>  > I gave a look to log files for cups but I didn't see anything strange!!!
>>  > Where shall I start to look from scratch????
>>  > Cups is v.1.3.6 on both Fedora machines.
>>

>> Try using the troubleshooter: from system-config-printer, select
>>  Help->Troubleshoot.  It probably won't be able to find your problem
>>  specifically, but will most likely have some useful information that you
>>  will be able to paste into a bug report.
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>  Tim.
>>  */
>>

>> --
>>

> Filed as:
>  Bug 439154: Cannot print on a Windows shared printer

Just tested setting up 2 printers through S-C-P
( HP Laserjet 9000 and HP color Laserjet 4600 )
with "windows" authentication against AD

The network printers are sett up on cups printer server (
cups-1.2.4-11.14.el5_1.4 )
running on RHEL 5

Worked flawlessly :)

Which show the smb authentication faze is working.. ( at least against
2003 AD )

Maybe the printer job is getting dropped on the xp end?

Sure you don't have "allow" FC9 beta machine to print on the XP machine
( share/firewall/antivirus on xp ??? )

Best regards
                    Johann B.