intel graphics issues

Joel jdy at cs.brown.edu
Thu Mar 27 17:59:33 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com> writes:>
> But after todays updates I have much more serious issues -  I had some
> artefacts just appear over whole dekstop and I couldn't even see VT1
> with CTRL-ALT-F1. and I restart of X didn't help either. The machine
> responded to power off button so it wasnt frozen just video made it
> unusable.

I upgraded to the xf86-video-intel-2.2.99.901 and problems with X not starting
and hangups, plus the wierd underscore only desktop went away.

It seems like ctrl-alt-f1 is now disabled?  Previously it would hard-lock my
machine.

I have a 965Q motherboard with dualhead 1920x1200 (one DVI, one VGA).

Joel