Some things to focus testing on for F9Beta

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 27 21:22:25 UTC 2008

Richard Hally wrote:

>> So the only way to make sure PackageKit *is* ready to be the default
>> package manager is to test it, file bugs, and get the maintainers to
>> *improve* it.
> Shouldn't the "maintainers" be testing it themselves as well? The
> problems I saw were so obvious they should never gotten out the door.

It is easy to say that but maintainers do miss things. Besides there is
a new version upstream that hasn't been pulled into Fedora. That is
supposed to land tom. Maybe try after that.

> I saw complaining about and refusing to report bugs as a reminder to
> "maintainers" that not responding to bugs promptly will reduce the
> number of bug reporters and thus reduce the feedback they need,
> especially if they do not test their own work themselves as is apparent
> with PackageKit.

Many maintainers are busy and prioritizing things. The large majority of
them are volunteers. Your strategy isn't going to help although I can
sympathize.

Rahul