install from rsync tree on local partition possible?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 09:54:30 UTC 2008

On  Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:24:40 +1100 David Timms wrote:

> If you want to build a F9Beta from your pre-downloaded tree, I suggest
using jigdo {in fact pyjigdo}.
> You tell it the jigdo template location, then your pre-downloaded source
locations, and it uses the
> content to build the iso {downloading the bits that aren't present
locally}.

This is exactly what I want.  Not to create a 12Gb iso...
The problem is shifted to where to find a jigdo template or how to create it
accordingly.
Using the jigdo file for F9 alpha at fedoraunity, changing the server line
in it to point to local tree and using jigdo-lite, it founds only 135 of
2009 files needed.....

> But perhaps you meant you would like to simulate what an iso image built
by Fedora at any possible moment would look like ?
In what will they differ? the first one above (beta) will match with this
latest in a particular moment (release of beta)... or not?

Thanks
Gianluca