nautilus uses ~10% CPU always

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Mar 31 02:05:01 UTC 2008

Has anyone else noticed that nautilus just sits there using 10% of
your CPU for what seems like "no reason"?  What might be causing this
usage?

Occasionally, it has gotten stuck using above 90% CPU.  When this
happens, my laptop CPU stays at 2.2 GHz instead of going to a slower
clock speed and the fan stays on.  This can't be good for power
saving.  I killed nautilus when it did this, and it respawned and then
stayed around 10%.  Still seems like too much.

nautilus-2.22.1-1.fc9.x86_64