GDM Greeter

Christopher L Tubbs II ctubbsii at emich.edu
Tue May 6 23:19:30 UTC 2008

David Boles wrote:
> Christopher L Tubbs II wrote:
>> David Boles wrote:

>>> Then everyone should read this:
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewGdm?highlight=(gdm)|(greeter)
>>>
>>> and this:
>>>
>>> http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration
>>>
>>> and stop complaining.  ;-)
>>>

>> The link on fedoraproject.org that you gave states "gdmsetup got
>> replaced by a yet-to-be-written new configuration tool"
>>
>> Most of our suggestions/complaints will likely be addressed by that
>> tool, but until it's actually written and delivered, we'll probably
>> continue to complain... :)
>

> Welcome to Rawhide.  ;-)
>
> Read my links a little more closely. Especially the second one which
> came from the first one. You can edit with a text editor untill the GUI
> is ready.

Actually, I did read both links, but the biggest complaint so far seems
to be the inability to disable the "smarter way of displaying user
names" entirely, and the faces, which don't appear to be configuration
options via a GUI or otherwise...

By the time a GUI is written, that should probably have changed...

Rainman