*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or corruption (out): 0xbfc49750 ***

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 22:50:44 UTC 2008

--- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Upon reswitching from Fedora 9 back to rawhide on
> > one
> > of the machines, I get the following:
> >
> > I am tempted to go back to Fedora 9 and disable
> > fedora.rawhide to try and fix this.  What should I
> > do
> > to fix this If I am to continue running rawhide.
> > When
> > booting the machine, it hung when loading cups
> > daemon,
> > I started the machine in level 1 and removed it
> from
> > starting up using chkconfig cups off.
> >
> > [root at localhost ~]# yum update -y
> > Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit,
> refresh-updatesd
> > *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double
> free
> > or
> > corruption (out): 0xbfc49750 ***
> > ^C
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Antonio
> >

> > --
> >

> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -qa glibc*
> glibc-common-2.8.90-1.i386
> glibc-devel-2.8.90-1.i386
> glibc-2.8.90-1.i686
> glibc-headers-2.8.90-1.i386
> [root at localhost ~]# yum clean all
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd
> Cleaning up Everything
> [root at localhost ~]# yum clean metadata
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd
> 0 metadata files removed
> 0 sqlite files removed
> 0 metadata files removed
> [root at localhost ~]# yum update
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free
> or
> corruption (out): 0xbfd8a8a0 ***
>
> Killed
> [root at localhost ~]#
>
> I did a killall -9 yum
> to stop it from running.
>
> TIA,
>
> Antonio
>

> --

On the other machine also running rawhide, the glibc*
are at

[olivares at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa glibc*
glibc-2.8-3.i686
glibc-devel-2.8-3.i386
glibc-headers-2.8-3.i386
glibc-common-2.8-3.i386

I cannot revert to these, are there any glibc packages
at koji to fix this issue.  Will I have to reinstall
on this machine?  I will come back to this on Monday
with a hope that I can fix this issue.

TIA,

Antonio