Fedora 9 updates-testing report

Adrin Jalali adrin.jalali at gmail.com
Sun May 18 08:03:04 UTC 2008

Although I'm proud of using fedora as it is Bleeding Edge of software, but I
think the unstable part of project should be tested by fedora-testers, not
end users, they(end users) must always feel stable, don't you think so?
As far as fedora use pre-release versions of softwares, it means that fedora
developers are so courage that they use the Bleeding Edge of software, it's
so good and appreciated. But I think what reaches the end users, must be the
last stable versions of softwares, not unstable pre-release ones. As a
result, I can not see any movie in my fedora 9 release yet. Do you think
it's normal? As another illustration I think fedora must let users chose
their X server. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon and as the driver is not
prepared completely yet, I can not use the 3D acceleration capabilities of
my graphic card.

 why is it unstable? it was shipped with Pre-Release of Xorg7.4 an 1.5 so
its not like the Fedora users werent warned. plus when you use fedora your
using Bleeding Edge software, you have to expect some things to be unstable
at first, its like a Brand New car, when you buy one, even that has its
problems until you get it fixed