Fedora 9 updates-testing report

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 19 09:33:58 UTC 2008

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
s and the successes of
> new version launches.
> f) Become frustrated with lack of progress for multimedia (webcam)
> because I truly want to replace a non-linux software and need it to work
> well.

Check out empathy, gyachi, amsn etc. Also gpsca webcam driver is getting
fixed and planned to be merged in the upstream kernel by one of the
Fedora developers. So there is progress made even though it might not be
shouted off from the rooftop everyday.

> h)  Other enhancements are for packages that are not in Fedora, such as
> a  powerful grammar checker for word processing. I write in French and
> English and sometimes my French grammar is used in English, and the
> English when I am writing French.  Again, not everyone writes in two
> languages.

What's the software name? Are you willing to maintain it?

Rahul