Adjust System Time has no effect

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sun May 4 16:48:44 UTC 2008

Adam Clark wrote:
> When I try to adjust the system time, it does not appear to take any
> effect.  Is anyone else having this problem?

How are you adjusting the system time?  From the gnome clock applet's adjust
system time dialog?  From system-config-date?  If from the gnome applet have you
set the policykit authorization for your user?

I have the clock applet fail to set the system time for me even when I'm
authorized, but I couldn't find out why (no obvious errors).  So if thats what
you're doing, I can confirm it has happened here.  I last tried it about 2 weeks
ago.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29