Network interface won't come up on reboot

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue May 6 02:30:01 UTC 2008

On May 5, 2008, at 10:02 PM, Marcus Leech wrote:

> [...]

Unlikely. New users will have newly-written configs, and
NetworkManager handles setup of static interfaces from ifcfg-eth0 just
fine. No need to enable 'network' unless you're doing something that
NM doesn't understand. In that case you've probably got it enabled
already, and I'm almost certain we don't interfere in that case.

Stuff that was installed *during* the F9 rawhide cycle may have gotten
some weird configs in there which throw this off a bit. But new users,
and people upgrading from F8, should be just fine.

-w