Here's what happened to xfwm4

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 12 15:49:04 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> John Summerfield wrote:
>>
>>> How ought I have found xfce-desktop? "yum grouplist" gives me XFCE,
>>> but not xfce-desktop and that leaves me wondering whether there are
>>> other groups I don't see. Something for icewm or fcwm for example.
>>
>> I answered this just a week or so back in here.  xfce-desktop is just
>> an alias for "XFCE" as specified in comps.xml file.
>>
>> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/comps/comps-f9.xml.in?view=markup
>

> Nobody should be expect to go there and read that stuff. If those names
> in the <id>..</id> tags are installable, they should also be reportable.

They are. Some of them just have hidden aliases which nobody needs to
care. If you don't know, you would just use what is visible which is

# yum groupinstall "XFCE"

# yum grouplist hidden as Seth Vidal indicated if you really want to know.

> What would Aunty Indira say if Nephew told her to read that?

That's just silly. If something has a hidden alias in a command line,
Aunty Indira wouldn't even care.

Rahul