how to pass from rawhide rsync tree to f9 Everything?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat May 17 17:36:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
t correct to rsync my rawhide with Everything for 1) and with Fedora for
> 2) to have a network  installable F9 Everything tree?
> Thanks,

You can't have a network installable Everything tree (I don't think) -
it's missing a few essential files to make that possible.  It's
intended to just be a yum repo, not an installable tree.  The Fedora
tree, however,  which is a subset of the Everything tree, is
installable.  Here's what I do at release time:

1)  mkdir -p releases/9/Everything/{i386, x86_64}
2)  cp -lr development/i386 releases/9/Everything/i386
3)  cp -lr development/x86_64 releases/9/Everything/x86_64
4)  mkdir -p releases/9/Fedora
5)  cp -lr releases/9/Everything/* releases/9/Fedora
6)  rsync -avH --exclude-from=<some file listing excludes> --delete
--delete-after  <your favorite mirror> .

All of this assumes that you are in the root of your mirror, and that
it follows the official mirror layout.