Fedora 9 updates-testing report

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 18 13:45:48 UTC 2008

Adrin Jalali wrote:

> Don't you think that some part of it is related to redhat strategies?
> You mean redhat does not have enough resource to allocate to fedora?

In relatives terms, absolutely. There is finite amount of resources and
Fedora isn't a Red Hat product. Major chunk of the work is being done by
volunteers. Red Hat sponsors a number of resources for Fedora but other
than maybe a dozen people (mostly on the infrastructure side) none of
them are working on this full time. They have to share their time
between a community project and a commercial product.

> Having 10000 or more open bugs is not a shame, but I think people can
> focus on so important and old age bugs.

Prioritization is what happens. Sometimes bugs don't get enough time.
It's annoying but inevitable.

> I'm not using any other distro just because I want to be almost on the
> bleeding edge of software, and I won't complain about those open bugs,
> but I believe I have the right to complain about those old age bugs

Constructive criticism is fine. Flaming and trolling is not.

Rahul