Grub.conf not updated with kernel-2.6.26-0.37.rc4.fc10.i686

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 12:14:50 UTC 2008

--- "Clyde E. Kunkel" <clydekunkel7734 at cox.net> wrote:

> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> > Anyone else see this?
> >
> > Rawhide 20080528 (I think, rawhide report
> incomplete).
> >
> > Files are in /boot but don't boot and the
> following (hand-transcribed)
> > error msgs appear after hand editing grub.conf to
> include new kernel and
> > initrd:
> >
> <snip>
> >

> Correction: .img file is only 50 bytes.
>
> On another rawhide system, updated files one at a
> time and ran mkinitrd
> after each update.
>
> yum update kernel was successful.
>
> However after yum update libdhcp6client, mkinitrd
> failed with errors and
> resulting .img file was 50 bytes.
>
> Reverting libdfhcvp6client did not work.
>
> Firefox hung while trying to enter bz, too late this
> AM, going to bed
> and will see what the world brings after the sun
> comes up here in
> eastern US.
>
> --

Your kernel does work in my system, but when trying to
install the newer one in today's rawhide report
20080529, the following shows up

Updating kernel.i686

Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd

Setting up Update Process

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package kernel.i686 0:2.6.26-0.43.rc4.git2.fc10
set to be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

--> Running transaction check

---> Package kernel.i686 0:2.6.26-0.25.rc3.git4.fc10
set to be erased
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

 Package                 Arch       Version
Repository        Size
Installing:

 kernel                  i686
2.6.26-0.43.rc4.git2.fc10  rawhide            18 M

Removing:

 kernel                  i686
2.6.26-0.25.rc3.git4.fc10  installed          48 M

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)

Update       0 Package(s)

Remove       1 Package(s)

Total download size: 18 M
Downloading Packages:
(1/1): kernel-2.6.26-0.43.rc4.git2.fc10.i686.rpm
  |  18 MB     00:15
Running rpm_check_debug

Running Transaction Test

/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:
Multiple same specifications for /usr/bin/sbcl.

Finished Transaction Test

Transaction Test Succeeded

Running Transaction

/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:
Multiple same specifications for /usr/bin/sbcl.

  Installing     : kernel
              [1/2]
/sbin/nash: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/libdhcp6client-1.0.so.2: undefined symbol:
dadlist

[...]

/sbin/grubby: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/libdhcp6client-1.0.so.2: undefined symbol:
dadlist

/sbin/grubby: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/libdhcp6client-1.0.so.2: undefined symbol:
dadlist

  Cleanup        : kernel
              [2/2]
Unable to look at what's on dbus

Removed: kernel.i686 0:2.6.26-0.25.rc3.git4.fc10
Installed: kernel.i686 0:2.6.26-0.43.rc4.git2.fc10
Complete!

So indeed there is something wrong here.

Regards,

Antonio