Swap problem with F9 PPC

fedorento no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Fri May 30 09:58:23 UTC 2008

This has happened to my system from F8 onwards, maybe even with F7.  I have two built-in IDE buses, two disks on one, CD/DVD on another.  I have another PCI IDE with one more disk.

Once I upgrade, and/or whenever I upgrade the kernels, the order is built-in IDE, sda/sdb, add-on IDE sdc.  Every anaconda scan during the upgrade insists on it being add-on IDE, sda, built-in IDE, sdb/sdc.

The proper filesystem (I only have one, and two of the disks are encrypted anyway) is always updated, but grub-install and the next reboot are always broken, needing a recover, mount the new system, chroot and do a grub-install.  Quite a pain.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=268255&topic_id=57115&forum=12#forumpost268255
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame miavia at myway.com.