ath5k module vs. MadWifi

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Nov 2 18:06:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 06:23:24PM +0100, spoffley wrote:
> The ath5k kernel module was working fine for me until the latest update.  I do not use network manager preferring to manually activate using system-config-network.  Now whenever I try to activate I get "ipcalc: netmask or prefix expected".  This does not seem to be kernel related as it now occurs in both 2.6.27-4.68 and 2.6.27-4.58 where it was all working prior to 30th October update.

Perhaps that's a separate, system-config-network issue?  Did you try
that one with the MadWifi as well and get the same error?
(That's just a guess as I don't use that, I simply have a little script
if I'm using wireless that starts wpa_supplicant then runs dhclient.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willy: What are you gonna' do with him, anyway?
Spike: I'm thinkin' maybe dinner and a movie. I don't want to
rush into anything. I've been hurt, you know.