FC10 and NetworkManager

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 14:25:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Timothy Murphy <tim at maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
> I read that FC10 Preview introduces NM "sharing" between users.
> What exactly does this mean?
> Does it mean a connection will be established (if possible)
> before one logs in?
>
> That is what I would like.
> It used to be the normal behaviour with the network service.

As far as I know, yes, that's possible to set up.

> But I've also read that FC10 Preview is identical to what one gets
> if one updates FC10 Snap.
> I've done this, and have not noticed any change in NM.

I think the advanced configuration panels are not accessible directly
to preserve sanity of less advanced users. I haven't my F10
installation handy but I remember something related in the
System/Preferences or System/Administration menu

You may also want to have a look at Dan's Blog
http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com