anyone have a Lenovo T400 with working ethernet?

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Fri Nov 14 06:53:53 UTC 2008

Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 22:06 -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
>> Could you send me the output of
>>    /usr/sbin/ethtool -e eth0
>> That may allow me to restore my still-broken e1000e ...
>>
>> Karsten Keil (of SuSE) has been helping me restore my
>> Ethernet device.  We thought we had an image that worked
>> (I was able to use eth0 for a few hours), but alas after
>> a reboot it is broken again/still.  An image from a working
>> T400 would be helpful.
>
> Here ya go...! Running F10 on a T400 with both WiFi and Ethernet
> working...

Thanks!  I edited the MAC address (the first 6 bytes), and installed
this image (using e1000e_nvm on Karsten's recovery CD), and rebooted.

There were a few diffs from the dump that Karsten had me try; let's
hope those make the difference.

So far so good, but of course it's only been running less than an hour.

The recovered device shows up as eth1 rather than eth0.  That's a
slight blemish.  Perhaps this is left-over from when I used a USB
Ethernet device and that got installed as eth0?  Some configuration
file defines that as eth0?
--
	--Per Bothner