anyone have a Lenovo T400 with working ethernet?

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Fri Nov 14 13:39:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 07:08 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2008 06:53:53 Per Bothner wrote:
> > The recovered device shows up as eth1 rather than eth0.  That's a
> > slight blemish.  Perhaps this is left-over from when I used a USB
> > Ethernet device and that got installed as eth0?  Some configuration
> > file defines that as eth0?
>
> Interesting.  My eth0 also shows up as eth1, apparently renamed by udev - and
> no obvious reason.
>
> Configured devices:
> l0 eth0 wlan0
> Currently active devices:
> lo eth1 wmaster0 wlan0
>
> Something odd going on here.

Indeed...! After plugging in a network cable (I usually run on my
wireless connection at home) my laptop - which generated the output file
used - shows:

Active: eth0
Inactive: pan0
Active: wlan0

Everything looks like you would expect. Not sure what could be going on
with your systems. For the record, my T400 is model 2765-T6U. Could that
have something to do with it?

Cheers,

Chris

--