Setting JAVA_HOME In Fedora 10 Snapshot 3

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Nov 2 18:58:53 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 10:10:31AM -0500, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> I'm confused about whether I need to set JAVA_HOME as an environment
> variable when I log in to a Fedora 10 Snapshot 3 box and if so where
> should I point it to? E.g.
>
> JAVA_HOME=????
>
> If I use Tomcat then I do need JAVA_HOME set?

Then set as needed /etc/java/java.conf.  This file is supplied
by jpackage-utils package.  You will find the following comment
there:

# You can define a system-wide JVM root here if you're not using the
# default one.
#
# If you have the a base JRE package installed
# (e.g. java-1.6.0-openjdk):
#JAVA_HOME=$JVM_ROOT/jre
#
# If you have the a devel JDK package installed
# (e.g. java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel):
#JAVA_HOME=$JVM_ROOT/java

   Michal