Anaconda video problems

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 2 21:38:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

Just got round to downloading F10B so I'm a bit behind on the bug activity.

When I got to the second screen of the Anaconda GUI the text corrupted
as I moved the mouse around.

I see there are some significant video problems in  Bug 464896 -
(nomodeset) Collective bug for all "Cannot start without nomodeset on
kernel command line".

I did start the installer with nomodeset but still get these problems.

I took a photo of the screen showing the list title and the list
elements are corrupted:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/leon.stringer/fedora/f10b-anaconda1.jpg

I also find that if I switch between page one and two of the wizard a
few times (i.e. clicking Next and Back) the GUI locks up completely
(although the mouse cursor still moves).

System is an Intel D845GERG2 board, I'm using the on-board video controller.

Is this caused by KMS problems describe in #464896 (even though I've
used nomodeset)?

Thanks,

Leon...