Will shared swap bite me?

Zenko Klapko Jr. covertcodeop1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:28:51 UTC 2008

Ha, I sent CitiCard a similar mailer saying there are serious problems with
their flash under linux. At least you got a response.

Definitely try flashblock (a firefox plugin). It keeps annoying things at
bay and when there is something worth seeing in flash, its apparent what to
click on.

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> > I just don't like flash. The most popular use for it is ads that animate
> >  (and while I can turn animated GIFs off, I can't stop flash), flicker
> > and generally distract me from what I want to see.
> >
> > I dislike it less when I'm running adblocker+, but I use so many
> > different computers/OSes setting filters becomes a chore.
>
> Yup, 99 percent of the time, it's a waste of resources.  Citibank's
> citicards site has a problem with Linux and Flash. I wrote them with the
> workaround and they just wrote back that they don't support Linux. If I
> were having their financial difficulties, I'd have treated it
> differently, but oh well.
>
> Back to the OP's question, you shouldn't have a problem.
>
> Do a google for the unofficial Fedora FAQ--its advice is still good for
> F10.  Many others, as well as myself, have no trouble with flash on 64
> bit F10.
>

> --
> Scott Robbins
> PGP keyID EB3467D6
>
> Spike: Ahhhh, my head. I think I'm sobering up. It's horrible.
> Ah... God... I wish I was dead.
>
> --

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
than to those attending too small a degree of it.
 - Thomas Jefferson