KDE dbg

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 6 21:56:19 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jim <mickeyboa <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> FC10,  KDE
>> I have "dbg" installed, but what Package do I install to get the dbg
>> symbols for KDE-10.
>>

> Each source package has its corresponding -debuginfo package. (They are per
> source package, so subpackages share the same -debuginfo package.) You can use
> the debuginfo-install tool to install the -debuginfo packages for a given
> package and all its dependencies, e.g. debuginfo-install kdebase-workspace. (Of
> course, you have to be root to install packages, so use:
> su -c "debuginfo-install kdebase-workspace"
> .)
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Thanks Kevin for your reply.
 I did the command

su -c "debuginfo-install kdebase-workspace"

Could not find debuginfo pkg for dependency package
kdebase-workspace-libs-4.1.2-10.fc10.i386

There is a  kdelibs-debuginfo  package installed

I got this message when  kde  ran a application that crashed.

This backtrace appears to be of no use.
This is probably because your packages are built in a way which prevents
creation of proper backtraces, or the stack frame was seriously
corrupted in the crash.

(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
0x00110416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

What does that mean.??

My problem is , when I make a  "Link to application" on Desktop, and
then in properties, I try to select a Icon for  "Link Application" , at
that time KDE crashes and give me the above error message.
It won't run a Debug.