Will shared swap bite me?

NiftyFedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Mon Nov 10 03:45:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>> I just don't like flash. The most popular use for it is ads that animate
>>  (and while I can turn animated GIFs off, I can't stop flash), flicker
>> and generally distract me from what I want to see.
>>
>> I dislike it less when I'm running adblocker+, but I use so many
>> different computers/OSes setting filters becomes a chore.
>
> Yup, 99 percent of the time, it's a waste of resources.  Citibank's
> citicards site has a problem with Linux and Flash. I wrote them with the
> workaround and they just wrote back that they don't support Linux. If I
> were having their financial difficulties, I'd have treated it
> differently, but oh well.

Remind them that they should be supporting their customers
not supporting some product vendor.   It is easy to test for a plugin
and if absent provide useful images....   Flash is cool but way overused.

MS is promoting a new set of tools under the general heading of Silverfish
or something like that.  Yet another way to "capture" market by establishing
an exclusionary standard tool set....

--
        NiftyFedora
        T o m   M i t c h e l l