Problem setting up wired networking

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:39:17 UTC 2008

I've just completed an install of a rawhide snapshot, approximately one week
old.  I was not able to configure the network during the install, so I'm doing
it now.  Unusually, the wireless network has set up without a problem but the
wired connection is failing to set.  The 'OK' remains greyed out.

Is it necessary to give a MAC address during setup?  I confess I don't know
how to get it until I have a connection.

I want to use static IP on the wired connection.  Is that not possible at this
stage?

I can fall back to dhcp for the present, if that's the case.

Anne