Skype

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Mon Nov 10 21:44:19 UTC 2008

Dnia 2008-11-10, o godz. 06:32:27 "David L" <idht4n at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> For me, I have to make sure I have
> enabled the proper sound capture device in alsamixer.  It's
> not obvious, but hitting a space bar enables a device.
In F10, the new GNOME mixer AKA gnome-volume-control allows you to quickly
access all Pulse, ALSA and OSS mixers (somehow I got 11 of them, not a very
good user experience, but the ALSA ones are clearly visible and you can use
them without problems).

I had to hit Preferences to actually make the options I'm interested in
visible, but after that, I have no problem with enabling microphone or line-in
when I need them. I don't use PA, but have it installed and running somewhere
in the background, just to see if it'll break something or not (and it
doesn't).

Lam