F10 Preview - single user mode, small glitch

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 11 11:29:45 UTC 2008

man telinit reveals that runlevel "1" is single user mode and "S" is also
single user mode but it does not shut down the various services first. Of
course on first boot there are no services running so I would imagine there
is no real difference between the two. "single" is presumably an alias for
either "1" or "S" but my quick search doesnt throw anything up. As for the
other runlevels (1-6) /etc/inittab describes the general purpose of them.

Hope thats the info you were looking for.