vt1->vt7 working solution?

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Tue Nov 11 18:25:51 UTC 2008

Could someone here give me working solution how to move X from vt1 to vt7
in F10?

I am not asking for a flame about what is better, but for working
solution.
At the moment I tried the one supplied in some "flame" discussion - means:
1. in /etc/gdm/custom.conf to add "FirstVT=7" - it is not obvious in which
section this belongs.
2. I add start on stared prefdm to /etc/event.d/tty1

but I end up in a situation where on vt1 there is running both mingetty
AND Xorg. When I try to switch to any vt from X I get only a message in
Xorg.0.log "Failed to switch consoles", which seems to me pretty broken.
Where is exactly the statement telling Xorg to start with parametr "vt1"?

Thanks in advance

Adam Pribyl